Adopted in 05 th December 2015
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of information relating to individuals,
this includes the obtaining, holding, using or disclosing of such information, and covers
computerised records as well as manual filing systems and card indexes.
Polish Saturday School will hold the minimum personal information necessary to enable it to
perform its functions. All such information is confidential and needs to be treated with care,
to comply with the law.
Data users must comply with the Data Protection principles of good practice which underpin
the Act and these state that personal data shall:
– Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully (that the subject of the data has
consented to its collection and use.)
– Be held only for specified purposes.
– Be adequate, relevant but not excessive.
– Be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
– Be held for no longer than necessary.
– Be accessible to data subjects.
– Be subject to the appropriate security measures.
The Association and all members who process, or use personal data must ensure that they
abide by these principles at all times.
All Management Committe members are responsible for ensuring that:
– Any personal data they hold, whether in electronic or paper format, is kept securely.
– Personal information is not disclosed deliberately or accidentally either orally or in
writing to any unauthorised third party.
The Chair – Monika Stachyra
The Secretary – Kinga Hofman
The Treasurer – Tomasz Olejnik
The Head Teacher – Aleksandra Olejnik